Sunday, April 21, 2019

Systematic Growth

As I've grown, I realize walking this life as a Christian is, and always will be, a continual journey. I know that I should be improving myself each day, becoming more and more like Christ. 

Then, as you may have read in some of my past posts, I have this longing to live now as though Christ is enough. But I do this frustratingly as I can't figure out why my mind won't change. 

So it clicked for me this morning. I figured out a tangible way to marry these two. 

By reading my Bible, I will always realize places in my life that are more important than Christ. By constant prayer... keeping it at the forefront of my mind and seeking the Lord's help... I work toward sacrificing that one thing to put it in its subordinated place behind God. As I put that in its right place, I move on to my next idol, and so on. 

While this is a slow, long process... lifelong... you gradually irradicate everything standing between your heart and Christ, each day becoming more and more like Him. 

This side of heaven, I know I'll never arrive. But having that daily goal and battle gives me something to fight for, a place to grow, and a reason to improve. Unless we make a plan and fight toward it, it's just a dream send a constant frustration, because we'll never arrive if we're not systematically growing. 

No comments: