Monday, November 17, 2008

like a bird in a cage

sorry. i already missed a day. until i get back into the swing of things, i'm sure i'll miss a day or two here and there. and if you can't read this font... you're getting old.
.
i feel trapped. today the weight of repetition has consumed me. i'm bored. my sun rises and sets at the same time every day. while my work environment is changing slightly, the job doesn't. two children makes life interesting at home... but i'm still... frustrated, if that's the right word. i think it's just the feeling that i could and should be doing something more all while feeling inadequate for the task. even as a Christ follower, i still conciously believe satan's lies... i know the good i ought to do, but don't do it because of my apparent shortcomings. my iron has not been sharpened, and i'm in need of a blacksmith. i can't be a craftsman without first being an apprentice. how does one know what kind of pot they were designed to be? i've been given the Bible, and i've read every word, but the Master doesn't speak english to me.
.
i'm not where i should be. but where am i? where should i be going? how do i get there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) I'm apparently getting old. Or at least my eyes are (they've been old since what, kindergarten?)

2) I understand the "repetition" thing. That's part of why I became a teacher. I never have to worry about being bored, now. The Lord makes sure I'm well-entertained and well-challenged every day :)